Special Additional Features
- Machine has fully computerized system for indentation measurement and display.
- The image is scanned for measurement and hardness is displayed automatically.
- Accurate measurement of Brinell hardness through matched optics, CCD Camera with box image magnification, hardware & software using advanced image processing technology.
- It gives an image of indentation directly on inbuilt Industrial PC of the machine with measurement facility and touch screen.
- Fine adjustment facility is provided for accurate measurement of the image.
- Auto, semi-auto and manual test facility
- Quick compare mode for Go: No-Go application.
- Coarse and Fine position adjustment for manual test.
- Calibration modes – Camera, Axial & Radial Calibration (5 Point calibration)
- Batch testing facility
- Roll based access to features.
- Statistical analysis.
- Certificate generation.
- Search based on various parameters.
- Test report, certificate printing facility.
- Software compatibility with Windows XP-SP2, Vista, Win-7 OS.
Industrial Panel PC Specifications
- Fanless Panel PC with 4:3 LED touch screen panel and industrial motherboard specially designed for industrial applications
- Intel Atom Processor 1.6 GHZ,1GB DDR2 RAM
- 8.0” LCD monitor having resolution 800 x 600 (SVGA)
Software Features (BrinSoft)
This is precise Brinell Impression Measurement Software. High technology image management system is built to get desired accuracy with IS compliance to be measured within given time. The detailed features are as listed below:
Precise Brinell Impression Measurement
Based on Image Processing techniques, BrinSoft achieves high precision image measurement and also the repeatability in the readings. It is easily configurable for environment. Working with USB camera enables BrinSoft to be deployable at difficult measuring conditions along with standard BIMS applications.
There is a fast and accurate Auto mode for standard components with good surface finish. Additionally, a Semi-Auto mode is provided for measuring blured images due to poor surface finish. In case of very fast measurement requirements where the actual hardness value is not required. A confirmation that it is within specified limits is enough, compare mode is also provided. With such variety of modes, most of the test conditions are covered enabling the user to obtain results in required methodology and in required formats.
Calibration is the heart of every measurement. So, BrinSoft provides multiple calibration levels to achieve high accuracy in results. There is Pixel calibration accompanied with multi-point calibration and ERMA calibration. With these calibration techniques, BrinSoft provides precise measurement results.
Analysis and Reporting
If one cannot find the historical data, it is as good as unavailable. So, Search is key feature of BrinSoft. Test Certificate and Customer are key search criteria along with other details. Uniqueness of the Test Certificates being generated is maintained and the same is available for searching and printing. Additionally, there is statistical analysis available in tabular and graphical formats to assist the user.
The key input to BrinSoft is the image captured by the CCD camera. So, presently it is configured to work with special purpose USB camera for this application. However, it can be easily configured to work with any other camera considering the image quality.
| Load (kgf)
||500 to 3000 in steps of 250
| Initial load (Kgf)
| Maximum test Height x Throat (mm)
||380 x 200
| Maximum depth of elevating screw below base (mm) approx.
| Machine height (mm) approx
| Size of base (mm) approx
||400 x 740
| Net weight (Kg) approx
| Drive motor (hp)
| Mains supply
||3 Phase, 415V, 50 Hz, AC
| Indentation Measurement
||Direct reading through CCD Camera with 60X magnification on inbuilt Industrial PC.
| Flat testing table dia 200 mm
| “V” Groove testing table dia 70 mm for round jobs of dia 10 to 80 mm
| Ball holder dia 5 mm
| Ball holder dia 10 mm
| Test Block HBW – 5/750
| Test Block HBW – 10/3000
| Industrial PC
| Allen key set
| Tungsten Carbide ball dia 5 mm
| Tungsten Carbide ball dia 10 mm
| Indentation Measurement
- Test Blocks of desired hardness range
- Special Test fixtures for odd jobs / Production testing
- Portable Computerized Brinell Impression Measuring System (BIMS system )
- Special Extra loads of 187.5, 250 kgf can also be offered